Attack cancer Background:
● Cetuximab treatment of advanced lung cancer, a study published in 2008 found that the standard chemotherapy and targeted therapies that can make patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer survival rate greatly increased.
● gemcitabine treatment of pancreatic cancer in 2008, for early pancreatic cancer in a large study found that: After primary tumor resection, chemotherapy with gemcitabine prolong the patient's overall survival.
● endocrine therapy to reduce breast cancer recurrence
Recent study found that breast cancer if detected early, adequate treatment with tamoxifen or the application of aromatase inhibitors, endocrine therapy, can significantly reduce the risk of recurrence.
● long-acting interferon treatment of melanoma
Malignant melanoma patients, application of this new year of interferon therapy can reduce the risk of recurrence of 18%.
● PARP inhibitor treatment for refractory breast cancer a new targeting drug --- PARP inhibitors to treat three types of refractory breast cancer. The drug can increase the sensitivity of tumor cells to treatment, and promote tumor cell death.
● Trastuzumab improved HER-2 (+) advanced gastric cancer survival of HER-2 is involved in the regulation of tumor growth and an important factor. Trastuzumab combined with standard chemotherapy in patients with advanced gastric cancer can be the class of 26% lower risk of death, prolonged survival of 13.8 months.
● With the standard treatment for advanced bile duct cancer British researchers found that, with gemcitabine monotherapy, compared with gemcitabine and cisplatin in patients with advanced bile duct cancer can be prolonged survival of 11.7 months, and reduce the risk of disease progression.
● reduction of prostate cancer after radiation transfer previous studies have shown that patients with early prostate cancer after about 1 / 3 of the transfer can occur. New research shows that postoperative radiotherapy may reduce the risk of distant metastasis 29%, survival up to 14.7 years